Entry into Turks and CaicosDecember 11, 2020 Leave your thoughts
The Turks and Caicos Islands are a well-known tourist destination. For people planning to visit these islands, it is necessary to have full knowledge of the new regulations for entry. The purpose of this post is to inform you about the new regulations for visiting Turks & Caicos since Covid-19 and to explain how the AIRPORT FAST TRACK services (by SkyPass Caribbean) can make your arrival and departure easier and better.
Due to the ongoing Corona pandemic, the government of the Turks and Caicos Islands issued new regulations for entering into this territory. Following are the details of these new regulations.
The Coronavirus pandemic is still a huge concern for all the countries especially those which are tourist attractions. The Turks and Caicos, being a beautiful tourist destination, is facing this concern at a high stakes level as the tourism industry has been one of the hardest hit by the pandemic. The Government of Turks and Caicos has introduced new protocols to manage the risk associated with the Covid-19 pandemic. According to these new regulations, all the persons traveling to these islands will be required to get travel authorization before traveling to TCI. To obtain the travel authorization, the travelers are required to visit the TCI Assured Authorisation Portal. The travel authorization form should be presented at the time of check-in to the airline.
Once a passenger completes the registration process through the above-mentioned portal, he will be granted a travel authorization notification. Any passenger traveling to the Turks & Caicos Islands without this authorization will not be allowed to board their flight.
Here are the details you need to know about this travel authorization process for entry into the Turks and Caicos Islands:
- Requirements for authorization: Following are the requirements needed prior to arrival in TCI and to obtain pre-authorization certification;
A negative Covid-19 test; The passenger must show a negative Covid-19 PCR test. This is the first item necessary for every passenger to have. The test must be a PCR based test and it must be negative. Antigen or antibody tests will not be accepted. The test must have been taken no more than 5 days before traveling to the Turks and Caicos Islands. The official documentation of the laboratory that conducted the test should state the following information:
i) The name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address of the laboratory at which the PCR Covid-19 test was done.
ii) The date at which the test was done.
iii) The full names, date of birth, and address of the person test for PCR Covid-19.
iv) The results of the PCR Covid-19 test concerning that person.
There are some exceptions regarding the Covid-19 pre-test i.e. some people may not need to be pre-tested for Covid-19. Among them are children under 10 years of age. There are other exceptions as well, but they usually don’t concern tourists. But if you want to have a look at them, you can visit this website https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/tciassured/faqs.
2. The traveler should also have medical/travel insurance that may cover all of his/her expenditures that may arise during their visit to Turks and Caicos. This includes Covid-19 medical costs, hospitalization, doctor’s visits, prescription, and air ambulance/medevac. The Turks and Caicos Islands government recommends that you purchase or to inquire about the addition of coverage for the above-mentioned expenditures with your existing insurance company.
3. A completed health screening questionnaire and travel authorization form. These are issued on board your aircraft by the flight crew and should be completed before landing in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Finally, Proof of all the above-mentioned requirements should be uploaded to the TCI Assured Portal.
- Application Process: On the TCI Assured Portal, you can start your application process 5 days before your intended traveling date. When you start the process, you will be given a username and password. This will enable you to complete the process in multiple sessions. After you have uploaded all the required documents, the application can be submitted for review. After your information is verified, you will be issued a TCI Assured Travel Authorization receipt.
- It is necessary for every traveler regardless of age, to have a valid TCI Assured Travel Authorization. Without this authorization, you will not be allowed to board a flight to the Turks & Caicos Islands.
** Please print your Travel Authorization and other supporting documents if possible. We have noticed on some occasions where passengers have had the device stored on their mobile phones and upon landing was not able to readily access them, caused a delay.**
- Upon arrival: All travelers are subjected to temperature checks and screening upon arrival at the airport. You will also be questioned about your health or other relevant circumstances which may include travel history and information about other people whom you may have contacted physically. Similarly, you may also be asked to produce any such document or copies of it, which may help in assessing your health. If found necessary, this screening can also lead to further clinical examination and biological samples may also be taken such as nasopharyngeal swabs, or blood samples, etc. You will also be asked to provide sufficient information so that you can easily be reached when needed.
In short, when you arrive at the airport, you should be ready to present your passport, a copy of TCI Assured Travel Authorization (printed or electronic), and the original copy of the negative PCR Covid-19 test result (printed version preferred). You will also be required to complete and submit a health screening questionnaire for Covid-19. You must wear mask/face coverings on arrival and observe the protocol of particular airlines. Therefore, you must pack masks/face coverings in addition to other things. At the airport and throughout the visit, you should observe the general guidelines for the prevention of the spread of Covid-19, e.g. social distancing of at least 6 feet, etc.
How our services can help you to enter into Turks and Caicos
AIRPORT FAST TRACK (by SKYPASS CARIBBEAN) provides the service of expediting passengers through the airport terminals. We provide our services in Turks & Caicos at the Providenciales International Airport, which is the main entrance and exit airport for Turks & Caicos. Through our services you will gain access to expedited processing through the Health Checkpoint, Immigration and Customs we help you by saving your time and sparing you the headache and health exposure of long queues and hassle at the airport. We provide the following services;
- Arrival Fast Track: This service is for travelers when they arrive in Turks and Caicos. Our agent will greet you when you enter the terminal building with a sign with your name. You will be given a VIP welcome with our professional airport concierge. Our agent will help to expedite your entry through Providenciales International Airport Arrivals Terminal, starting at the health checkpoint. The purpose of our service is to assist you in every way possible so that you can avoid having to wait in long queues and a lot of your time will be saved.
- Departure Fast Track: This service helps you when you are departing from the Providenciales International Airport. Our friendly agent will meet you curbside at the Departure terminal. He/she will assist you with airline check-in and whisk you through security.
** There is no TSA Pre-Check or similar program available in Turks and Caicos, our VIP Airport Arrival and Departure Services provide a premium alternative with a dedicated professional concierge to manage your travel experience through Providenciales International Airport on either end of your stay in Turks and Caicos.
- Luxury Transfers: Our VIP airport transfer service offers you a selection of fine luxury SUV vehicles that will transport you from the airport to the hotel and back again. This will enable you to skip the taxi queue and is the perfect complement for a better and seamless service.
Our VIP Airport Services were created and designed to keep you safe by minimizing your time waiting in long queues and crowded airport terminals. Our services will enable you to spend more time enjoying the vacation you planned and experiencing the best that Turks & Caicos offers, and minimize the time spent waiting at the airport.
Upgrade your Turks and Caicos Vacation.